Heading Keyword Search
A Heading Keyword search lets you search for keywords within headings found in
authority and bibliographic records. The result of a Heading Keyword search is
an alphabetical list of established headings that contain the keywords of your
About Data Formats
- Choose a Virtua database to search
- Select the type of heading search that you want to do by clicking the
down arrow in the Search Heading Type pull-down list box.
- Type the keyword(s) to be searched in each Words text box.
- Choose the Data Format for your each of your keywords.
- Select a Boolean operator (And, Or, Not, Near) to connect your keywords.
- Click the Search button.
The data format determines which headings in the database are counted as
matches to your search query. You can choose from the following formats:
- All Words - To count as a hit, a heading must contain ALL the
keywords that you type in the Words text box, but the keywords can appear in
the heading in any order.
- Phrase - To count as a hit, a heading must contain a phrase matching
ALL keywords in the exact order that they appear in the Words text box.
- Exact Match - To count as a hit, the beginning of a heading
must match exactly the keyword(s) that you type in the Words text box.